A cavity can be a nuisance, but an eye-catching silver filling might make you feel self-conscious. You may also want an alternative for health reasons, since it is possible for the body to leech potentially harmful metals from your metal fillings into your bloodstream.
At Smiles Family Dental, we offer white, composite dental fillings in Arlington, Texas, so you can enjoy near-invisible fillings that have no potential to negatively impact your health. If would like to learn more and meet with our caring dentists, Dr. Angelie Zamora and Dr. Britany Jenkins, call 817-277-1971 today.
White Fillings for a Beautiful Smile
The filling material we use is designed to blend in with the natural color of your teeth so your dental work can go virtually unnoticed. Fillings can protect and strengthen your teeth, but you do not need unsightly metal fillings to do that. Our goal is to repair and restore your teeth while keeping them beautiful.
With white fillings, you can smile, laugh and pose for pictures without ever worrying that your fillings will steal the spotlight. White fillings are almost impossible to see, so your teeth will look as natural as ever no matter how many fillings you have had.
White Fillings for a Healthy Smile
Although metal filling material has been deemed safe by the American Dental Association®, some patients may still experience sensitivities or allergic reactions. The white filling material used by our dental team is a quality, tooth-colored material that can repair your tooth without the worry of potential problems from metal fillings.
Our white fillings are also generally more durable than metal fillings, which means they are less likely to warp or fall out. White fillings can go a long way towards protecting teeth and preventing future cavities and infections.
How Do I Know If I Have a Cavity?
The most effective way to discover cavities is to schedule regular dental exams every six months. You may also notice one or more of the following symptoms:
- Stains or tooth discolorations. Cavities can sometimes look like small brown, black or white spots on your teeth.
- Pain or sensitivity in your teeth. You might have a tooth that feels tender when applying pressure or brushing your teeth. Your tooth may also be extra sensitive to hot or cold temperatures or foods that are sugary or acidic.
- Holes, pits or deep fissures. A cavity may make your tooth feel rough instead of smooth because the enamel has worn away. Larger cavities can often be seen just by looking at your teeth in a mirror, and smaller cavities can be caught by our X-rays.
If you suspect you have a cavity before your next routine visit, give us a call and we will be happy to schedule an appointment as soon as possible.
Dental bonding, or tooth bonding, is a process that uses white filling material to build up or repair a damaged tooth. Dental bonding can be used to repair the following:
- A chipped or broken tooth.
- Minor reshaping or buildup of a small or misshapen tooth.
- Damage from nighttime teeth grinding.
- A tooth root that has been exposed due to gum damage or a receding gumline.
- Gaps between teeth and other minor cosmetic restorations.
Are you worried about minor tooth damage or the appearance of your smile? We can reshape and restore your smile with our tooth bonding treatments!
What Are the Benefits of Dental Bonding?
Dental bonding can work wonders for your dental health as well as your self-confidence. All of the following are exciting benefits that you can expect to receive with dental bonding:
- Reduced Risk of Decay. When you use dental bonding to repair a chipped or broken tooth, you are protecting the sensitive interior of the tooth and sealing it against dangerous bacteria.
- A Better Bite. Dental bonding can make small changes to the shape and functionality of your teeth. Repairing grinding damage or building up too-small teeth can give you a stronger, healthier bite!
- Increased Confidence. Dental bonding can dramatically improve the appearance of your teeth, and there are few greater confidence boosts than feeling good about your smile. You will find more reasons to smile with dental bonding!
For Effective Treatment and a Beautiful Smile, Call Our Office Today!
When you need an effective and safe white filling for your cavity, we can help! Call our office today to schedule your appointment. We can restore your tooth and keep your smile looking stunning!