Laser dentistry has come a long way in the last few decades. Dental lasers allow more precise and efficient treatments for oral issues, especially gum disease. Thanks to pinpoint-accurate laser technology, we can kill bacteria and remove infected tissue without harming your healthy gums in any way!
At Smiles Family Dental, we utilize the LANAP® dental laser in Arlington, Texas, to treat gum disease more effectively and comfortably than ever before. We know you will see the difference as soon as you start your treatment with our dentists. Contact us at 817-277-1971 to meet with Dr. Angelie Zamora and Dr. Britany Jenkins today!
What Does LANAP Mean?
LANAP is an acronym for laser-assisted new attachment procedure. Dental lasers offer precise, painless treatment that can move gum tissue into a better place. Repair to a receding gumline can save your adult teeth from falling out.
LANAP Means No Surgery
The LANAP dental laser was made to replace problematic gum treatment and recovery. The LANAP laser allows you to avoid:
- Cutting. Laser treatment is precise and does not require deep-tissue cutting.
- Sewing. No surgery means no stitches. The gum tissue will heal on its own without a thread and needle.
- Fear. Your dentist’s office should not be a scary place. LANAP laser treatment is painless and allows you to have a quick recovery, which reduces stress and anxiety in almost every patient.
Detailed laser treatment means that you do not have to worry about grafting surgery, which takes longer to heal than a LANAP procedure. We can treat gum disease more efficiently and effectively so you can feel better faster!
Benefits of LANAP Laser Dentistry at Smiles Family Dental
With LANAP laser dentistry, you will be able to enjoy high-quality treatment in greater comfort. When our talented team uses LANAP laser dentistry to treat your gum disease, you will experience all of the following advantages:
- Faster Healing Times. Laser technology is less invasive than more traditional methods. This means less gum irritation and faster recovery times as a result.
- Less Gum Loss. LANAP lasers are designed to only target diseased tissues. You will not experience any unnecessary loss of healthy gum tissue!
- Less Discomfort. Traditional methods can leave your gums feeling raw. LANAP is such a gentle medical process that your gums will feel less sensitive post-treatment.
What Is LANAP Treatment Like?
LANAP treatment is a straightforward, comfortable health care procedure that we have got down to a science. If you choose LANAP treatment, you can expect to go through the following steps:
- Diagnose. Our dentists will probe your gums to get a thorough understanding of your gum health and learn which areas will need the most care.
- Sanitize. Next, we use LANAP to kill infection-causing bacteria and remove diseased gum tissue. All of this is done in a way that leaves your healthy tissues unharmed.
- Scale. If necessary, we will use scalers and other dental tools to dip below the gumline to remove hard-to-reach tartar and plaque buildup.
- Reconnect. With our laser, we can reconnect your gum tissue to your teeth, which will promote healthy regrowth and gum support.
- Recover. Recovery from LANAP procedures rarely takes more than 24 hours. You will be able to get back to your life almost immediately after treatment.
We are happy to answer your questions at any point throughout your treatment. We also want your experience with us to be as relaxing and comfortable as possible, so always let us know if there is anything we can do to improve your experience!
Is LANAP Right for You?
If you are experiencing gum disease, chances are good that you are eligible for LANAP treatment. This treatment is fast, comfortable and effective, with almost no downsides. Talk to our dentists to receive a diagnosis and learn for certain whether LANAP is the best choice for you.
In rare cases, patients might have gum disease that is too advanced for LANAP to fully resolve. If this applies to you, do not worry: other treatments are available, and we are committed to restoring your gums and improving your health any way we can.
Beat Gum Disease With Technology on Your Side
Gum disease can be intimidating, but it does not have to be when you have access to cutting-edge gum disease treatment. If you are experiencing gum disease, contact us today to schedule an appointment or to learn more about what LANAP can do for you!